5 Ways PETA is Helping Animals in Laboratories This Week
- After two monkeys were burned at the National Institute on Drug Abuse by inept employees, PETA is calling for action.
- PETA scientists are challenging the false narrative on animal experiments with a new paper on cruelty-free pesticide testing methods.
- Following a complaint from PETA, the Washington State Department of Health’s Veterinary Board of Governors has opened an investigation into the University of Washington because of the death of a monkey during a botched procedure at the school’s primate center.
- October 27 was Navy Day, and PETA used the occasion to demand an end to decompression sickness experiments on animals conducted by the military branch.
- The COVID-19 pandemic led to a college killing spree of animals in laboratories. PETA is demanding an investigation into the eight universities responsible.