Have you done any of these everyday actions to speak out for animals? Let us know! When you complete an action listed here, tell us about it on our Facebook page!
10 Easy Things You Can Do to Help Animals!
1. Even the director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) can’t justify his agency’s experiments on animals. Urge your congressional representatives to mandate that NIH stop wasting taxpayer money on cruel, useless testing on animals.
2. So far this year, at least 12 K9 officers have died after being left in hot cars. Call your local law-enforcement agencies and ask them to invest in lifesaving heat-alert systems to protect these brave and loyal dogs.
3. PETA’s “I’m ME, Not MEAT” ads are promoting kindness to animals from coast to coast. If you see any of the ads while you’re out and about, snap a picture and post it on social media with an animal-friendly message—and be sure to tag PETA.
4. Share PETA U.K.’s new exposé of a British egg farm that proves that “free-range” is anything but cruelty-free.
5. August means back to school. Share these great back-to-school vegan lunch ideas with parents and families.
6. Keep an eye out for the Beyond Burger—which just tripled its distribution—at your grocery store, and share the famous “bleeding” vegan burger with a not-yet-vegan friend.
7. Follow these tips to live in harmony with wild animals and protect them from human-made threats.
8. Vote for PETA for Favorite Nonprofit Organization and Favorite App in this year’s VegNews Veggie Awards!
9. Thursday, August 10, is National S’mores Day. Check out these ideas for enjoying this summer snack compassionately.
10. Looking for an unforgettable vacation? Explore the ocean and dive with sea animals in their natural habitats with Dive the World and use the promo code PETADIVE for exclusive savings.