Have you taken any of these actions to speak up for animals? If so, we want to hear about it! When you do any of the things listed here, tell us about it on our Facebook page.
Here are 10 easy things that you can do right now to help animals:
- Are you ready for #NewYearNewVegan? Try PETA’s vegan meal plan and enjoy two weeks of menus featuring simple, easy recipes, or try a discounted vegan meal from Sun Basket.
- Expand your culinary creativity by adding one of these 23 inspiring new vegan cookbooks to your library.
- Join Bob Barker in asking the Miami Seaquarium to release the orca Lolita into a seaside sanctuary.
- Remind everyone to take their animals indoors, and sponsor a doghouse to make a difference in the life of a neglected “outdoor dog.” As cold weather slams the East Coast, many animals are left outside to freeze to death and need our help in order to survive.
- Always be prepared to help animals by keeping an emergency kit in your car. Make your own, or order a premade kit here.
- Saturday is National Sticker Day. Share PETA Kids stickers, and slap a PETA sticker on your water bottle, phone, laptop, and even the bottom of your check at restaurants.
- Familiarize yourself with these telltale signs that your cats are stressed or sick, and learn what you can do to help them.
- Read PETA’s Effective Advocacy guide for great tips on successful activism.
- Make “financial planning” money jars for kids. Label three containers “Save,” “Spend,” and “Donate,” and use them to teach kids to make compassionate financial decisions.
- Remind friends with rambunctious pups why crating dogs is a terrible idea.