5 Ways PETA is Helping Animals in Laboratories This Week
- PETA scientists shared a new study that found the University of Pittsburgh is one of the five worst violators of federal animal welfare guidelines among schools with taxpayer-funded laboratories.
- That same study also named the University of Wisconsin–Madison, Baylor College of Medicine, the University of Washington, and the University of Minnesota as the other scofflaw institutions.
- We took over the University of Massachusetts–Amherst (UMass) campus this week, demanding an end to shocking menopause experiments on marmosets.
- UMass wasn’t the only university that we took issue with as the new semester began. In a thought-provoking demonstration, a PETA supporter wearing a “bloody” lab coat while the cries of baby monkeys played in the background greeted Harvard University students.
- PETA Vice President of Evidence Analysis Daniel Paden was a guest on the Dog Research Exposed podcast. Listen to learn more about PETA’s undercover investigations, such as our monumental victory in the Envigo case.