5 Ways PETA Is Helping Animals in Laboratories This Week
- Our team collaborated with popular vegan and environmental news outlet One Green Planet on this terrific piece, breaking down some of the many ways PETA is modernizing research and preventing individuals from being tormented in laboratories.
- Following the revelation that Anthony Fauci’s division gave the green light to experiments in which drugged beagle puppies’ heads were fed to infected sandflies, we’re pointing out that the rot runs deep at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). PETA Senior Vice President Kathy Guillermo appeared in a fantastic segment on Tucker Carlson Tonight to discuss these vile tests.
- PETA’s “dinosaurs” are hot on the heels of President Joe Biden and first lady Dr. Jill Biden—tailing the couple to events throughout Washington, D.C., and beyond to encourage the president to address wastefulness and cruelty by appointing a forward-thinking NIH leader. We’re also placing full-page ads in Capitol-area newspapers revealing animal tests’ failure by the numbers, and we’ve authored a powerful op-ed that’s appearing in media outlets across the U.S.
- We’ve uncovered more documentation revealing deadly incompetence at Oregon Health & Science University and the affiliated Oregon National Primate Research Center. Animals drowned, were scalded, endured botched brain surgery, suffered from dehydration, and experienced other types of agony at the hands of experimenters and other workers.
- PETA has discovered that the U.S. Department of Agriculture cited the University of Iowa for critical animal welfare violations following multiple incidents when baby ferrets died as a result of workers’ neglect. Now we’re demanding that the school get out of the animal-experimentation business.