Have you done any of these everyday actions to speak out for animals? Let us know! When you complete an action listed here, tell us about it on our Facebook page!
10 Easy Things You Can Do to Help Animals!
1. Cambridge, Massachusetts, is leading the charge against animal sellers and breeders with its ban on the sale of nonrescued animals. Remind friends to adopt and to buy animal supplies only from businesses that don’t sell animals, such as Target, Walgreens, or online retailers.
2. It’s been 47 years since Lolita the orca was taken from her family and ocean home, only to languish in the smallest orca tank in North America at the Miami Seaquarium. Sign PETA’s petition calling for her release into a seaside sanctuary.
3. Lulu—a 5-year-old Cavalier King Charles spaniel—is one of over 300 animals who have died in cargo holds on U.S. airlines since 2005. Take action for the over 1 billion live animals transported worldwide every week.
4. If SeaWorld’s stock is any indication, time is running out to save its sinking ship. Tell the company to reinvent itself and stop holding animals in prison-like tanks.
5. If you’re a vegan over 50 (or know someone who is) who wants to show the world that speaking out for animals is sexy, enter PETA’s “Sexiest Vegan Over 50” contest.
6. Tuesday, August 15, is “Check the Chip” Day. Get your animal companions microchipped, or if they already are, make sure that your contact information is up to date in the national registry.
7. Share these photos of pigs and cows in their final moments on transport trucks, and include a link to PETA’s vegan starter kit in your post.
8. More and more NFL players are switching to plant-based diets. Host a screening of What the Health, the documentary that’s inspiring many to opt for only vegan meals.
9. Speak out for animals everywhere you go by putting PETA bumper stickers or magnets on your car.
10. Download PETA’s iPhone app and become an on-the-go animal rights activist!