- A huge win for chinchillas! After a damning PETA investigation revealed gruesome injuries and infections at Moulton Chinchilla Ranch—a supplier of these easily frightened animals to laboratories—a U.S. Department of Agriculture judge fined the breeding mill’s operator and revoked his license.
- PETA supporters in hazmat suits gathered in Mesa, Arizona, to decry the disease and hideous cruelty inside the University of Washington’s nearby monkey-breeding compound. The protest, a powerful follow-up to our exposé last week, garnered coverage in USA Today, on Yahoo!, and in other major outlets.
- PETA “dinosaurs” tailed President Joe Biden throughout Washington, urging him not to appoint another prehistoric thinker as the next director of the National Institutes of Health and instead choose a visionary leader who will promote and fund state-of-the-art non-animal research methods.
- We’re urging Ford Motor Company to stay in its lane and stick to non-animal crash tests after it apparently provided funding for killing and then conducting traumatic tests on at least 27 pigs decades after it had supposedly banned such experiments.
- Just in time for Halloween, PETA teamed up with model Crystal Hefner and vegan beauty subscription service Kinder Beauty to launch a spooktacular set of completely cruelty-free cosmetics products. Proceeds from this popular beauty box will help us get more animals out of laboratories!
Through October 31, every donation made to PETA’s “Stop Animal Testing” Challenge will be matched dollar for dollar up to the $300,000 campaign goal—doubling your impact on PETA’s groundbreaking work to reduce suffering and get animals out of laboratory cages.Match My Gift Today!