- Watch as PETA President Ingrid Newkirk visits the site of the landmark case that catapulted PETA onto the world stage 40 years ago, and learn how we’re working to get monkeys out of laboratory cages today.
- Oscar-winning actor Casey Affleck and his mother joined PETA at a news conference and protest demanding that the University of Massachusetts–Amherst stop tormenting tiny marmosets and other monkeys in vile, pointless experiments.
- We’re turning up the heat on our call for the resignation or removal of National Institutes of Health (NIH) Director Francis Collins by launching an ad blitz in Washington pointing out that, under his leadership, the agency is effectively weaponizing deadly viruses that could kill vast numbers of humans.
- PETA is also suing NIH for violating the First Amendment by blocking social media comments critical of cruel, wasteful animal experiments. News of the suit nabbed coverage in Government Executive and Science
- Our “mice” scampered to Eli Lilly’s headquarters, reminding the pharmaceutical giant that many of its competitors have banned the forced swim test and urging it to follow suit.
Through October 31, every donation made to PETA’s “Stop Animal Testing” Challenge will be matched dollar for dollar up to the $300,000 campaign goal—doubling your impact on PETA’s groundbreaking work to reduce suffering and get animals out of laboratory cages.Match My Gift Today!