• Apr

Small Town Takes Big Step for Dogs

Come visit the tiny town of Wheldon, North Carolina. This town recently enacted a total ban on chaining dogs, one of the strictest anti-tethering laws in the state. Well done, Wheldon!

• Mary Ann Lowrance says:

this should be the law in every town in the world.

• Michele Raja says:

Well done Weldon!!!

• Laura Jarvis says:

I can only hope that this practice is adopted by other communities. My feeling is that dogs are our companions and friends. If you don’t want to treat them with that respect, then don’t have one.

• Susan Church says:

Hurray, Weldon citizens.

• Olivia says:

I find that is the best thing ever! I think that every country should say that chaining dogs or any other type of animal is illegal because it is basicly just like chaining/abusing a person.And that is very wrong. people have no right to be chaning a dog or any type of animal. thank you!

• Sonja says:

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !
    This is wonderful news and I hope it will spread to other communities. Just the thought of chaining up a dog and leaving it outside rain or shine, summer or winter is totally repulsive. It shortens the life of the dog as well so why have one in the first place. Having my dog around me brings a lot of joy and laughter into my life.

• H. Brisen says:

WHY have a dog at all if you are going to chain it? These heartless “people” do not see a dog as a feeling being. They are ignorant [people] who only see animals as things or food.

About Travel

Be a compassionate traveler—from weekend getaways to dream vacations.