PETA's Vegan Cook-Off Contest: Patricia's Quick Veggie Chicken Patties
Posted by Guest Blogger at 3:39 AM | Permalink | Comments (3)
Maybe this is PETA's version of "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" Earlier, we shared Sid's delicious egg-free pecan pie recipe, and Patricia Hayne's bird-free Quick Veggie Chicken Patties would be a great entrée to precede that dessert and help you convince family and friends not to be among those who eat an average of 26 chickens a year.
Quick Veggie Chicken Patties
1 pkg. Yves Ground Chicken
Generous sprinkling of coarse ground black pepper
Chopped green onions, to taste
2 1/2 Tbsp. Tofutti Sour Cream
Equivalent of 2 eggs (4 Tbsp. water plus 3 tsp. egg replacer)
● Place the Yves Ground Chicken in a large bowl. Break it up with a fork.
● Add the black pepper and green onions.
● Add the Tofutti sour cream and the egg-replacer mixture. Mix well.
● Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Drop a large spoonful of the mixture into the oil and flatten with a fork or spatula.
● Cook on medium heat until golden brown.
● Serve with cranberry sauce.
Makes about 1 dozen patties
Let us know what you think!
Posted to Home & Garden | Posted to Tags: animal times, recipe, vegan, vegetarian, Veggie Chicken