• May

Kim Kardashian: a Pain in the Neck

Kim Kardashian: a Pain in the Neck by Michelle Rivera

© StarMaxInc.com

When I first saw the picture of Kim Kardashian holding a kitten by the scruff of the neck, I thought, “What’s the point?” I know that momma cats will hold their little kittens that way when moving them from place to place. Who can forget the story about the mother cat who rushed into a burning building time and again to rescue her kittens, who were still trapped inside? Picking them up by the scruff, she carried them each to safety while ignoring her own pain and suffering. She had to do it that way-she has no other way of carrying them.

I know that those who work in rescue shelters or veterinary clinics will hold a cat by the scruff while trying to keep from being scratched or bitten. People who work with cats know that sometimes, when kitty’s in no mood to be vaccinated or given a pedicure or a bath, “scruffing” is the only way to keep from getting hurt. The same people also know that if you have to resort to such a method, you should always provide support underneath the cat’s body.

Back to Kardashian: Just how desperate does a person have to be to take a helpless kitten and hold him by the scruff of the neck while posing for the camera? The story below the picture reported that she was holding the kitten that way with the consent of the animal’s guardian and a veterinarian who were standing nearby. Too bad nobody asked the cat how he felt about it.

Scruffing a cat like that when it’s not necessary is cruel, period. Pity the animal who is subjected to the whims of a reality “star.” But that’s what we’ve come to-idolizing people who are famous for nothing more than being famous. They have no drive or talent-just an incredible knack for getting publicity, even if that comes at the expense of the animals they’re responsible for.

• Sherry McGuinn says:

Unlike animals, some people are just a waste of space.

• Marcia says:

And so many in that category!

• Alexia Olson says:

Historically, in the West, it has always been the rich, famous, and useless who have defined our core values, and condoned the victimization of non-human animals. Until we begin to question some of our core values, non-human animals will continue to suffer abuse by the Kardashian’s of the world.

• Patricia says:

Kim Kardashian is just a dumb broad with big boobs and no brain. I don’t understand why the owner let her hold the kitten like that. she could have cuddled the kitten in her arms like most people do when they hold a kitten. hopw she doesn’t own a cat.

• Suzin Rossin Eberz says:

I couldn’t agree more with you Sherry. Were it not for bringing this incident to light to show how thoughtless this person is, it’s a further waste of time and space to even comment on her

• Smiley says:

She should be held by the scruff of the neck. Poor excuse for a human being.

• Laura says:

I agree with you, she exploits alot of causes as well to make $$ and get attention. I think shes 100% so fake and phoney.

• Keith Golden says:

Kim Kardashian is a worthless void of existence. Boycott her & everything she does. She is the Michael Vick of socialites.

• Brandy says:

HA! That’s funny Sherry :) I agree. With this Kim person, what has she really done in life? Oh, wait I know-I know! Grew up with a big fat a**….um, congratulations. You really worked hard for that? I’m just going to stop now before I get too worked up about her socialite status.

• Pamela Vaughan says:

Agreed. Who told her or her sisters for that matter that they are somebody? They are nobody except people who have too much money to spend and THAT’S why they are famous. No other reason. They will fade with time and soon, no one will even remember who they are. Shame on you, Kim. Someone should hold you by the scruff of your neck and explain to you that you are a nobody!

• Crista Thompson says:

I had a friend who did that and I was shocked,
    “I said why are you holding your kittens like that?”
    She said because the cats mom did it like that.
    I said seriously, ” but your not the cat’s mom.”
    Making the point your a human you have hands to carry them not the mouth like the kittens mom has to carry them.

• Tucker says:

• Ms Lois Koch says:

As I have said and will always say — once a blow-bag; always a blow-bag! This “star” just shows her character — or lack whereof. I like what Ms. or Mrs. McGuinn says in her comment!! That REALLY tells it like it is!!!

• Bob says:

She is useless as a human being and contributes nothing to the human race. A poor defenseless kitten had to be mishandled by a fake actress wannabe. What a shame.

• glennlee says:

Last night on the tv show Cash Cab, they asked the question, which movie star twins has PETA dubbed “skanky little hags” for wearing fur. The cabriders answered correctly that it is the Olsen twins. i think its great that PETA speaks out and that people listen…..

• Morgaine Wakelin says:

Celebrities should be very careful about getting publicity for all the wrong reasons. We need to get the message out there that wearing fur is soooooo uncool.

• Leigh Anne says:

I’ve always thought she was a horrible person, now I know it!

• Roberta Baxter Eugene,OR. Dog examiner.com says:

Kim learned something new. She needed someone to tell her that animal lovers don’t hold kittens like that. Only mama cats do.

• Erin says:

Some one should have explained to her what she was doing wrong. I’m not defending people who knowingly hurt kittens this way, but why was the vet so incompetent that they didn’t tell her it was wrong?

• MARGARET says:

I wish all those Kardashians would go away. They are the pits. If Rob Kardashion wins DWTS I will never watch that show again. He dances like he has a stick down the middle of his back. They are just a bunch of fakes. I think Kim K did Her 72day married Ex a favor . Who would want to be around that selfish family all the time. And as for the little kitten I would like the chance to hold her neck like that.

• Nancy says:

Are you listening to yourselves? “I wish Kim Kardashian would go away”, “She is a worthless human being”. Are you serious? What has this world come to? I know animals should not be treated like that, but we all know someone who has held a cat like that and we are NOT freaking out about it and calling them “worthless human beings”. This is absurd. The people who have posted comments before should read their posts and really listen to themselves.